- Fall 2017
- Senior Lab Unit Operations-Gas Adsorption
- Creative Inquiry: High-Throughput Quantitative Western Blotting with the Microwestern Array
- Spring 2018
Experimental Methods in Systems Biology
- Professor Birtwistle developed a free and open course on Coursera about the technologies underlying experimentation used in systems biology, with particular focus on RNA sequencing, mass spec-based proteomics, flow/mass cytometry and live-cell imaging. The last update was Fall 2014, but he tries to keep this as up-to-date as possible, and add a bit every year.
- This is part of the NIH-funded Systems Biology Center of New York and a specialization on Coursera in systems biology, which also consists of a series of free and open courses (lecture materials available here).
- Systems Biology: Biomedical Modeling (BSR1803)
- Professor Birtwistle gives ~3 lectures in this course on stochastic modeling (slides available here).
- Molecular to Systems Pharmacology
- Professor Birtwistle gives ~3 lectures in this course on building mechanistic chemical kinetics models of biochemical networks, and on building towards precision medicine approaches using such models (slides available here).
- MATLAB Bootcamp
- We developed a week-long primer on MATLAB for MS and PhD students entering the program (materials available after Sept. 20th).